Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beautiful Stranger


It was mid-day with a scorching heat all around. I was trying to keep my cool (though inside, I was sweating like a pig) while clutching to my books and files when our paths crossed.

"Assalamu'alaikum.."

"Wa'alaikummussalam"

I answered as I turned around. There she was, a motherly-figure hurrying towards me. I was puzzled at first when I saw her since my head was way away, somewhere else at that time. She introduced herself and told me that she was waiting for her son who was being interviewed by the Petronas officers at the moment. She wanted to know about the environment and life in this place and how people survive here. From her face, I can tell that she was quite worried for her son who applied for Civil Engineering and if God wills it, he will start his studies next May. She asked me about the concepts of learning here in UTP and why the fees are quite expensive and stuff.

After five minutes of briefing about UTP to her (as if the Vice Chancellor hadn't done enough introduction), she stopped walking and turned to face me. Suddenly, she started to shower me with advices about how life is hard and how we have to choose between the good and the bad. She said that both options are hard to choose, but why do we have to choose to commit sins, get kicked into hell, pay for the bad deeds and then only enter heaven with a mark on our foreheads? Why not do good deeds and get an express ticket to heaven? Why do we have to make hell as a pit stop? That got me thinking, a lot.

Then she talked about how our prayers are very important to us. It is prayers that prevent us from being tempted to do wrong things. Never miss any of the five prayers because they will help us a lot one day. Then she talked about how we should keep our intentions and motives straight in doing anything. We need to study for the right intentions. I can’t remember the order of it - God, parents and we ourselves; because I was too busy holding back tears.

I was amazed by how this stranger can come up to me and remind me of all the things that I have forgotten. It is like she knew how my day was going from bad to worse and this is EXACTLY what I needed at that time.

Isn't it amazing how God arranges our lives so that it will turn out this way? He gives us hardships to test our patience, to test our faith. When the going gets tough, and the tough couldn't get going anymore, He sends an "angel" to guide us back to the right path. He makes us realize that we may have done something wrong somewhere along the way to be getting these tests from Him. Or maybe this is just a sign to show that He still remembers us, although we sometimes forget about Him, but he will always remember us. He will never neglect us.

It is amazing how a stranger can bring a new meaning to your life. May Allah bless her and everyone related to her.

Then Abah sent these mms to me..





Okay these made my day.

7 meow here n there:

kucinbelemoih said...

thanks Siti. i love reading this entry.

Rosma said...

Aww..thanks :) huhu

kucinbelemoih said...

heheh...awwww back. (cam kucin gatal la plak..)

adaziza said...

isk2...anak sapa la tu..over acting toi..musti ibu dia pun over jugak

adaziza said...

isk2..anak sapa la tu..over acting toi..musti ibu dia pun mcm tu jugak..haehhehe

Rosma said...

memang pon. over nak mampueh.

j1da said...

my god budak ni

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr