Sunday, October 23, 2011

Make you go la la la

I have this weird condition of having a perfect song describing my current situation subconsciously. How do I explain this?

Okay for example, I had a bad wake up call today. My niece was crying all morning (nampak sangat tidoq balik lepas subuh), interrupting my beauty sleep. So today I got out of bed groggily with a not-so-good mood. Even after my shower, I still looked like I'm fresh from bed. I was getting dressed for work when I realized that I was singing along to Usher's "DJ Got Us Falling In Love" and I was singing the line, "I feel like a zombie coming back to life, back back to life". Which was exactly how I felt.

Then, the other day. I was driving to work, listening to Yuna's "Greek Goddess". I was singing along to the lyrics, "Your boyfriend's a rockstar, driving a convertible". In a split second, (and no, I am not exaggerating), a convertible car passed by. I mean, how often do you see a convertible drive past you in Kulim? Come on!

Then, last two days, I was listening to Katy Perry's "The One That Got Away" while Google-ing "sad songs that make you want to die" (this is for my sister. See how depressed we are? I mean, she is.). As I went through the lists of songs, I came across the name Johnny Cash. Apparently he sang one of the saddest songs on earth. And at the same time, I was singing along to the line "I was dreaming you were my Johnny Cash" of Katy's song. Like, what the hell?? This is getting freaky! I have never ever heard of that name before and suddenly this serendipity is streaming like a river (okay what kind of simile is this? Okay is it even a simile? Okay what the hell).

It is fun sometimes, to have a song that suits my current mood. And I am able to do that without realizing it. But that got me thinking. When can I recite a Surah or Hadith that suits my current situation? Hmm.

Oh and as I got out of the car today, Taylor Swift's "Two Is Better Than One" was blaring on the speakers of the parking lot. Damn.

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr