Thursday, January 26, 2012

The whiteboard at home.

So there's this one white board at home. I wrote my wishlist for my 22nd birthday. I was eyeing this Fossil watch which costs more than half of my pay. So I saved some of my second pay and hoped to buy it for myself the coming month. Unfortunately, my phone was broken just that time so I HAD to get a new one :)

Honestly, I was hoping that I would actually get only one out of this wishlist. Long story short, thanks to my superb support system cum family, I get everything I wanted. Not exactly everything, but more or less the same. I've got a phone as a birthday present from my sister and I gave her the money that I saved to buy the watch. As an exchange, I used the money Mom and Dad gave for my birthday to buy this one cheaper and fancy watch, just to cross it from my list. Two weeks later, I got this cute short haircut, just as a mark of the new me in this new year. And the thing that I was really surprised about was when Dad decided to let me drive this semester. I thought he was still shaken from the last accident. It's okay, I will try not to betray your trust, Dad. Well, at least not so much :)






I've seen most students here lamenting about their last four months being nothing but total boredom and waste of time. How can that be? I actually enjoyed my four months holiday. I learned to appreciate the simple things in life and relax in the company of your beloveds. Yeah I didn't get to have a vacation to Disneyland or visit the most tranquil place in the universe or the most crystal-clear beach on earth. But once you are surrounded with the people you love, spending time together doing nothing is already more than worth it.

I love my support system.

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr