Sunday, October 13, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside..

One of the best feelings in the world is retreating after a long and tiring day. The bed feels extra comfy as I lay here staring at the ceiling. Especially after taking a hot bath and it starts to rain outside. I can feel the duvet covering every inches of my body Okay it is starting to sound like a cheap romance paperback, like Mills and Boon or those books that my Mom read during her single days. All I'm saying is, it is such a beautiful little bliss. You can find happiness and comfort in little things. Don't make me write down OneD's lyrics here. Enjoy while you still can. So you haven't got a job yet? Live life! This is the chance to stay up at late at night doing whatever you want, sleep in a little bit in the morning, go downstairs and hug your mum anytime you want. Cook for them (yeah, I'm still learning. Shut up, don't judge me), clean the house for them (this reminds me that I need to vacuum the house tomorrow), and just take care of them. Soon you'll be working eight to five and you'll come home late. Chances are you'll be working away from home so you won't get to see your parents very often. Next you'll be moving on to the next chapter in your life, you'll either get married and have your own family, or maybe move to another city to pursue your dreams. Typical, yeah. But it's mostly reality. So, make use of the time you have now. Use this few short months to repay the 23 years that your parents have spent on you. This is mainly a reminder to myself, actually. Coz I'm only human and I tend to forget, and in my case, being senile and all.
Alhamdulillah for this chance.
InsyaAllah it will be of good use.

Note to self:
Read this over and over again when you feel like drifting.

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr