Thursday, October 24, 2013

I want to go to that cemetery!

Here is another book by Audrey Niffenegger. She just likes to meddle with all the forbidden things. You could say that maybe she's out of the box. She used to write about time travelling and now she's writing about death and what happens next.
This book has all sorts of wrong in it. It is more wrong than how some people say that Percy Jackson is misleading to Muslims. You should really read this, little guy. It's not even reincarnation. It's like, you'll never really die. You'll just float around and can move the Ouija board or write with dusts on the piano. Your soul will just linger until I don't know when. I was waiting for revelations of any unfinished business but there was none. I love the chemistry between the twins though. But I wish they'd explain more on the twins' relationship. They are very unique and I'd love to know more about them. And I love the way the author revolved the story around Highgate Cemetery. She made the place of death sound more interesting than eerie. But of course, it is a tourist site after all. If I have the money and time, I would surely go there. And I love the twist between Elspeth and Edie. I have never expected that! Well, maybe I am not much of a spoiler person. I love to read through the pages without any sneak peak of the last page. And I hate it when people give me spoilers on movies that I haven't watched. And I don't like it when people are guessing what will happen next when we're watching movies. Just let it be! Hahah well everyone has their own way of watching so let it be. Anyway, back to the book, towards the end, somehow I managed to anticipate what will happen long before the main character does. I was also waiting for the ghost to turn aggressive and starts haunting people but it never got to that. Although there's a ghost (a few, actually) in this book, but it is certainly not stacked in the horror shelf. And I hate it because it had to end that way. Oh well. Not all books will leave you grinning for days.
Oh well. Off to the next book!

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr