Saturday, April 19, 2014

Why not?


Now that I am working, there are so many things that I want to buy. During the first month of being an engineer, I started house-hunting. I mean, why not? I have recently graduated from university so why not graduate from my parents’ house altogether? It must be great to have my own place. I’ve read somewhere that you should try and live by yourself before turning 25. I think it is such an achievement to have a place of your own. I’ve been very dependent on my parents all this while. Being the youngest does not really help either. I could if I want to but perhaps I should enjoy my money first before starting a new debt. It is a huge investment for a fresh graduate like yours truly (I still can’t bring myself to think that I am a member of the society. I still think of myself as a student, well, ex-student). Then I started to look at new cars. I mean, why not? It’s about time that I change to a new car. The mechanic in Perak already knew me all too well and the one here already profited thousands of ringgit from us anyway. After all, I have my savings (thanks to Abah) if I really want to buy a new ride, I’m not buying a house just yet, and I’m not getting married anytime soon so I can always topup the money along the way. So yeah, why not? I won’t choose something that is over my budget or anything. I would choose something that will not burden me in the long run in terms of fuel, monthly installments and servicing. But I know it’s hard for me to buy a new one. Abah is such a hurdle to overcome. Okay moving on. So then I started browsing on WOU and I thought, why not? After all, engineering was never my first choice a few years back. So why not try something that I’m really interested in? I already have that Degree, it is like a license for me to continue in something else? Oh well, one can only dream.

So yeah, my mind is fickle like that. Before this I am restricted in doing so many things since I am a student and still too young and all. But now that I am all grown up and working, why not?

 

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr