Thursday, November 29, 2012

Apart

Have you ever been so close to someone that your whole life revolve around that person? You spend most of your time, your life even, with that person. You'll recall your day to him and share every little joke with him. And as time goes by, you move to new environments, with new people around you. You mingle with different people in your life while new ones entered his life. Distance set you apart and time-constraint somehow played its role. It's ridiculous of me to think of the times that we used to spend together. I've got better things now that I've grown up, but he'll always be some of my best experiences and memories. 

I memorize every old songs that we listened to while he would explain every line of the lyrics to me. He would tell me all these different stories in each songs and then we would sing about it.
It's ridiculous of me to feel jealous of the new people in his life. But it's only fair for me since I used to be very close to him. I used to be that new person. And now it's like I'm being replaced. I know, it's silly to feel such way. Very silly, indeed. But I miss him. Now I feel so grown up, so different from the person that I used to be while I was with him. We rarely exchange stories. We've grown apart.

I don't want to spend the remaining time that we have together like this. I want to make sure every moment is filled with happy times instead of shouts or tears. I hope for a better tomorrow. I hope for a happier future together. I hope to set my priorities straight. I hope we'll have more time together in the future, all of us. 
Happy birthday, Abah. I wish you were here, though..

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr