Saturday, November 17, 2012

Respect

Respect.

People say it often but never really practice it. We can see that other people is not practicing it, we condemn them, talk as if they are the bad seeds of the world, but we ourselves sometimes overlook this matter. 
This world is made up of individuals, not some copy-paste or moulded human beings. They come with various identities, different perceptions and diverse beliefs. Knowing such fact, you should know how to respect people and their opinions. Sometimes people choose to live the way they live, so who are you to judge and criticize them? You don't know what they are going through, you don't know what they are experiencing, so who are you to judge? You yourself choose to be the way you are. You know people are criticizing you, but you say "To hell with them. I am who I am". So, there it is. You are who you are. They are who they are. Who are you to judge? So you want different things in life. Who are you to say that it is wrong and you are the superior and the right one? Respect other people, for god's sake. So you're a little too confident than other people, who are you to make other people feel small? So yeah I sound touchy-touchy. Well maybe because I didn't get the respect that I should. I don't judge other people when they choose to be the way they want to be. I simply concluded that maybe I don't understand what they are going through, so even if I don't accept it, but who am I to criticize them? Maybe because I've always been the youngest in the family, that's why I always accept what people say, even when I don't agree with them. You gotta agree to disagree sometimes. God. Respect! Simple thing! 


0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr