Saturday, December 14, 2013

A friend of mine

I've got this one friend that I knew when I was in Form 4. He sits in front of me in class. He's the quiet one, a shy guy. He used to turn around in his seat and asked me to teach him English. Not that I was a great teacher but I was more than glad to help. He'll ask me anytime whenever he's having problems, even during our class dinner. They said that he's from a poor family. His dad is sick and his mum used to send him to the hostel on a kapcai. I didn't remember the exact date but after school, his dad got very sick and died soon after. And I heard that his father died a few days before my friend's interview for an opportunity to study abroad. So he missed the interview and stayed here. A few years later, I heard that he's already in Australis doing Architecture or Interior Design, something like that. Then he got married to a nice-looking girl. I think i wasn't the only one who was shocked. He is the quiet one and yet he is the first in our class to get married. Today, as i am scrolling my timeline, I saw photos of his graduation day in Aussie with his wife by his side. I am so proud of him. Really proud. We never really bonded that long, but I am so proud of him. He's been through a lot. And he's pursuing what he loves most, design. He's always been this great artist in our class. I think he even designed our class t-shirt. I am not really fond of my classmates but he is one of them that I will always remember. The thing that I remembered most is his eagerness to learn and when he used to ask me to check his every essay and sentences and look at him now. He's surviving in a foreign country. If you can study and graduate in a land other than your own, I would say he didn't only survive; he aced it.

0 meow here n there:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr